Noah 9 years old
Hi, my name is Noah. I am 10 years old. My mom discovered my peanut allergy when I was 1 year old. My doctors said that if I were exposed to peanuts, there was a 95% chance that I would have a reaction. I was the first patient in the food allergy treatment, and 2 months ago I started eating peanut butter M & Ms. I had no reactions during the whole study. At the end you get to eat either M & Ms or candy bar recipes that NEFATC gives you. It is very safe and fun! Now I’m able to eat things that have nut traces. For example, now I can eat Kit Kats and Milky Ways. We can also go places without Mom bringing special food. For example, we went to a public event where there was cake and I ate it. Now we just have to look and see if there are actual peanuts in the product. I’m so glad that I did this study. If you have a peanut allergy, I strongly recommend you do it too!
Hi, I’m Noah’s Mom. As Noah mentioned above, he has had a severe peanut allergy for most of his life. Noah went through the study without any reactions or complications. Here is a sample of an email that I sent to family and friends after he reached the top dose:
Here are just some things he’s been able to do:
– Ride any where he wants on the school bus
– Eat a cake from a bakery
– Accept a birthday party invitation which involves eating at a restaurant
– Go with family to a friends’ house for lunch without bringing his own “safe food”
– Sign up to participate in eating lunch that the school provides on Fun Day (like a field day)
– And of course, eat his required “dose” of 3 peanut butter M&Ms each day!